- If we have our branding right at Make Do? (we don’t but we’re working on it)
- Does our Indian .in TLD put potential clients off?
- Is the formatting on our proposal document pretty enough?
- How Make Do is a silly name considering the British meaning
- How we don’t blog enough/at all
- Do we need new head shots for the website?
- Is our SEO right? (we just
wastedinvested over £1000 in AdWords to test this)
- Why we haven’t started organising our next big event yet (FrontEndNorth was wayyy back in November 2014 and we have nothing booked for 2015 yet)
- Is our development workflow efficient?
- Do our ‘cartoon avatars’ provide the right message to potential clients?
- Are we on top of the latest trends and tangents in web/WordPress development?
- Should we be sub-contracting to other agencies so much?
- Is it time to buy a new MacBook?
- Maybe one of those snazzy new 5k iMacs?
- What are the gaps in our team/company and how do we fill them?
- Do I drink too much coffee (why won’t my left eye stop twitching)
When really we should be worrying about these two things above all:
- Finding new clients
- Giving our existing clients the best quality service we can
What does all this mean?
Are we busy at Make Do? Yes. Do we have some really great clients? Sure. Are we growing? Of course. Does that mean we should feel accomplished and settled? No, never. I don’t think that will ever happen.
Running Make Do has always been an evolution – remember we started out as an events & training company before shifting focus back to being a pure WordPress agency. This rough start has led us down the path of a flourishing and fun business but it’s still just the beginning so excuse me while I spend the evening searching for a new domain name.