So I finally found a few spare hours between other projects to update the base6 design logo from the initial concepts that I touted a few weeks ago. The latest offering is:
This version has moved away from purely font-based and has been constructed from scratch using vectors. I frustratingly spent around 6 hours in PhotoShop trying to get the ‘S’ to look right before moving over to FireWorks which had it sussed in a couple of hours.
This is actually proving to be a really challenging and is probably one of the most thought out and all-consuming projects I have done for a long time. This is a massive difference from the the existing base6 branding which took just a couple of days.
The Process (its killing me!)
This design process has reminded me that doing design work with yourself as the client is awful. With only your own mind as a critic and source for feedback you can quickly go insane.
The version above is actually version 7 of a set that I’d worked though using different ideas for the lettering. At one point I even planned to have the ‘6’ as a hand drawn ‘squiggle’ with a rocket flying out of the top but after spending an evening toiling over it I gave up on that idea.
I hope you like the new concept. This should be 99% of the final design. I just need to take a step back now and digest it before moving into colours and website layout.